Video Game Addiction in Young Adults
A common addiction in young adults is the addiction to video games. This consists of spending an unhealthy amount of hours playing video games as it interferes with the young adult's daily life. If video game addiction negatively impacts your child's relationship with family or is hurting their opportunities for future success, we would love to speak to you.
Our wilderness therapy addresses the issue of video game addiction and helps young adults defeat it. By offering various outdoor activities, our program helps young adults discover new passions and hobbies while overcoming their addiction.
Fortnite is a competitive cross-platform game that is sweeping the gaming nation. Almost 40 million gamers play Fortnite each month. This game is highly competitive which makes the players want to keep playing until they win. The game developers make new updates to the game consistently to keep the gamers hooked and entertained.
League of Legends
What is League of Legends?
League of Legends, a highly addictive battle game, has a huge following of players. In fact, there are tournaments that happen worldwide where gamers come to collaborate and win cash prizes. League of Legends promotes interaction of players and building relationships in the game community.
Call of Duty
What about Call of Duty?
Call of Duty is a first person shooter game that has been popular for years. It is more graphic than Fortnite and League of Legends, meant for an older audience. There are a few different modes to play, the most popular however is the online live game play with players around the world. Like League of Legends, Call of Duty has worldwide game tournaments.
Connecting Families through Wilderness Therapy and Adventure
- Adventure Therapy as the centerpiece of a program which explores personal growth through a variety of new experiences: rock climbing, backpacking, mountain biking, white water rafting, cross country skiing, snowshoeing, hiking, horsemanship, caving, historical outings
- Service work in the community which helps clients expand their worldview and think of the needs of others.
- Daily yoga, meditation and mindfulness
- Weekly equine therapy to develop healthy relationships and improved communication
- Base camps complete with yurts/Geodesic domes, cots, cooking center – all activities stem from this “home away from home” In the summer months each client has their own individual tent.
- More therapy as therapists are “in the field” with clients four days per week
- Individual therapy two times per week. Group therapy four times per week.
- A family-centered approach involving parents in a comprehensive program to reconnect the entire family through a family systems process when appropriate
- Technology used for video journals and video conferencing family therapy sessions when appropriate
Life is a journey. Our comprehensive multi-faceted and clinical approach in the wilderness helps young adults and their parents navigate this journey in a positive direction. We believe that through a balance of self-assessment, insight-oriented therapy, outdoor living, adventure activities and academic focus these young adults will find their true selves.