Change for struggling young adults starts at PulsaR
A place where young adults and their families conquer challenges to discover their full potential. PulsaR is set in the beautiful Southern Idaho Wilderness that offers various outdoor adventure activities to thrive in. We work with bright 18-28 year-olds to address behavioral or motivational attitudes effecting their success in life.
We help young adults build their confidence through self-success, boost their self-esteem, and guide them as they step outside of their comfort zone. PulsaR is focused around creating positive changes and improvements through engagement and adventure. Our supportive environment encourages clients to push themselves physically and emotionally to form lasting changes.
What makes PulsaR different?
We have a higher level of therapy than other programs, but in a very hands-on applied manner. For instance, we use adventure activities as teaching tools. We have clients that have never been in wilderness environments doing things they never would have imagined they were capable of doing.
The intensity and variety of experiences leads to larger therapeutic change in a shorter period of time. We use individual, group, equine, and family therapy to address challenges in every environment for our clients.
Want to Learn More?
We're happy to answer any questions you have about blueFire Pulsar
- Adventure Therapy as the centerpiece of a program which explores personal growth through a variety of new experiences: rock climbing, backpacking, mountain biking, white water rafting, cross country skiing, snowshoeing, hiking, horsemanship, caving, historical outings
- Service work in the community which helps clients expand their worldview and think of the needs of others.
- Daily yoga, meditation and mindfulness
- Weekly equine therapy to develop healthy relationships and improved communication
- Base camps complete with yurts/Geodesic domes, cots, cooking center – all activities stem from this “home away from home” In the summer months each client has their own individual tent.
- More therapy as therapists are “in the field” with clients four days per week
- Individual therapy two times per week. Group therapy four times per week.
- A family-centered approach involving parents in a comprehensive program to reconnect the entire family through a family systems process when appropriate
- Technology used for video journals and video conferencing family therapy sessions when appropriate
Life is a journey. Our comprehensive multi-faceted and clinical approach in the wilderness helps young adults and their parents navigate this journey in a positive direction. We believe that through a balance of self-assessment, insight-oriented therapy, outdoor living, adventure activities and academic focus these young adults will find their true selves.
"Our daughter graduated high school by the smallest of margins and was not prepared to succee din college or live on her own. Instead she went to BlueFire Pulsar Wilderness Therapy. There she made remarkable progress. She learned how to cope with her anxiety and take charge of her responsibilties. Her expereince there likely improved the course of her life forever."-Parent
Connecting Families through Wilderness Therapy and Adventure