When searching for the best treatment programs for young adults that suits your needs, finding the right fit is important. Above all, you’ll want a program that provides effective treatment. Additionally, your young adult benefits from a program that teaches important skills. Based off of their individual needs, wilderness therapy may be a great treatment option for your young adult.
Wilderness treatment programs for young adults offer benefits that other programs can’t. Wilderness therapy is the prescriptive use of adventure experiences provided by mental health professionals. It helps engage clients on cognitive, affective, and behavioral levels.
Wilderness treatment programs help young adults struggling with:
- Failure to launch.
- Dropping out of college or high school.
- Adoption/attachment issues.
- Isolating themselves from others.
- Mood issues.
- Mild substance use.
- Video game/ Internet addiction or overuse.
- Defiant behaviors.
- Executive Functioning Issues.
The Wild Benefits of Treatment Programs For Young Adults
There are many benefits that young adults gain from being outside and active. The activities lead by professionals help young adults address both emotional and behavioral challenges that they may struggle with. Some things to consider when thinking about placing your young adult in a wilderness therapy program include:
- Helping young adults unplug from the chaos of their everyday life.
- Providing a serene environment for healing and self-reflecting.
- Therapeutic activities promote a healthier lifestyle that they can transfer back into the real world.
- Young adults break out of their comfort zones and experience growth
- One on one time provides the personalized help needed to address unique needs
BlueFire PulsaR can help
BlueFire Wilderness PulsaR is a coed wilderness therapy program for young adults ages 18-28. This program addresses emotional, social, and behavior problems. At PulsaR, adventure therapy and family therapy help promote personal growth. From there they are able to experience growth and adopt healthy life skills. Pulsar is dedicated to helping students regain a better sense of the world. Additionally, it addresses their emotions and needs head on. We can help your family today.
Contact us at 1 (844) 413-1999.